REMINDER to all parents in Year 3,4,5 and 6. School meals have increased from 50p per day to a £1 from Monday 7th/Tuesday 8th January 2019.
Please remember parents to check if you are eligible for free meals even if your child is in Reception and Years 1 and 2. It is still worth claiming. We miss out on valuable Pupil Premium funding which supports the education of eligible children.
We encourage every parent or carer who is anxious about the increase in meal prices to approach their school for help in applying for free school meals or to apply online before the 11th of January using the following link:
The process is extremely straightforward and any member of school staff can assist.
To ensure only eligible applications are submitted potential applicants should check the list below to see if they in receipt of any of the following:
• Income support?
• Income based jobseekers allowance?
• Income related employment and support allowance (ESA – IR)?
• Universal credit?
• Asylum seekers (receiving support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999)?
• The guaranteed element of state pension credit?
• Child tax credit (with an annual income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by the Inland Revenue)?
• Working tax credit run on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit?